1. At what temperature do Cryogenic gloves provide protection?
Cryogenic gloves protect down to -160° C. Our leather range protect down to -180° C and -250° C.
2. Are Cryogenic gloves, Waterproof Cryogenic gloves and aprons, Cryogenic Industrial gloves and aprons washable?
We recommend that they are not washed.
3. Are Cryogenic gloves autoclave-able?
Yes, but there is approximately 4% shrinkage with steam autoclaving.
4. Are Cryogenic gloves approved for clean rooms?
Cryogenic gloves can be cleaned to a class 1000 clean room rating. All items should first be cleaned in a Class 10 clean room laundering facility.
5. Can the Cryogenic gloves be used to handle liquid nitrogen?
Yes. However, we recommend the waterproof styles for liquid nitrogen use, to protect against splashes. Gloves should be loose fitting with adequate cuff length to protect as much of the arm as necessary during different operations. No gloves, including Cryo gloves are recommended for immersion in liquid nitrogen.
6. Can Cryogenic gloves be used with liquid oxygen?
Cryogenic gloves will protect to the necessary temperature range and can be used for closed systems. Antistatic protection should be worn while handling free-flowing liquid oxygen.
7. For which applications would you recommend Cryogenic gloves over waterproof Cryogenic gloves?
Standard Cryogenic gloves provide protection when working with closed cryogenic systems…where there is no risk of exposure to cryogenic fluids.
8. When would you recommend waterproof Cryogenic gloves?
Waterproof Cryogenic gloves are necessary when there is the possibility of exposure to cryogenic liquids.
9. When would you recommend using Cryogenic Industrial gloves?
Cryogenic Industrial gloves were designed for use in any environment where durability and high abrasion resistance are necessary, i.e:
- Delivering cylinders of cryogenic liquids
- Attaching metal mesh-covered hoses
- Maintaining cryogenic systems
- Cold treating metals
- Driving forklifts or stocking shelves in freezers
10. If I call the company will I get a human being to answer my questions?
Yes, you will. Please call any weekday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm and someone will cheerfully answer any questions. Voice mail is available for out of office hours.